Body found after swimmer swept from collapsed sandbar


The missing man is one of two swept out to sea when a sandbar collapsed. Photo: Pexels
A body has been found in the search for a man who vanished while swimming with friends on the NSW Central Coast on Sunday.
Emergency services were called to Norah Head about 8.15pm and were told four friends had been on a sand bar off Soldiers Beach Surf Life Saving Club when it collapsed.
A 16-year-old boy and an 18-year-old man were able to get back to shore.
Two others, both aged 18, were swept into the water.
NSW Police said two surfers were able to rescue one of men and brought him to shore. The fourth was swept out to sea.
Local police began a search, assisted by the Westpac Rescue helicopter crew, Marine Area Command, and Marine Rescue NSW. But there was no sign of the missing man.
The search was suspended at 11.30pm on Sunday before resuming on Monday morning.
NSW Police said divers found the body about 10.45am.
While it is yet to be formally identified, it is believed to be the body of the missing swimmer.
Police will prepare a report for the coroner.
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








