Prince William says 2024 was ‘hardest year’ of his life

Source: Apple+
Prince William has told Schitt’s Creek star Eugene Levy that 2024 was the hardest year of his life.
The royal made an appearance on Levy’s show The Reluctant Traveller about Levy ticking off some bucket-list travel destinations.
The future king spoke about last year in which his wife Catherine, the Princess of Wales, and his father King Charles III both underwent cancer treatment.
“I’d say 2024 was the hardest year I’ve ever had,” William was shown telling Levy in a preview of the Apple TV+ episode.
“Life is said to test us as well, and being able to overcome that is what makes us who we are.”
The episode, to be aired on October 3, features Prince William showing Levy around Windsor Castle and the pair chatting over a pint at a pub.
The third season of the series sees Levy ticking off travel experiences from his bucket list.
Heading to London, he receives a handwritten invitation from the Prince of Wales to “pop down to the castle”.
William rides a scooter to greet the American Pie actor.
“Your royal highness,” laughs Levy as they shake hands.
The preview plays clips of the two men walking and talking.
“Was getting drunk with Prince William on your bucket list,” asks the royal.
Levy replies: “It’s the bucket.”
Prince William leads the American through the gold-gilded halls of Windsor castle.
“We provide this service for everyone; we do personalised tours,” he jokes.
In another moment they chat along a creek bed.
“What do you do when you’re home,” asks Levy.
“Sleep,” reveals William.
“When you’ve got three small children, sleep is an important part of my life.”
Winding up the trailer, William and Levy bond over a pint in a rustic pub.
Princess Catherine said in January that her cancer was in remission, and she has taken on many more public engagements in recent months.
Earlier this month she and Prince William played key roles in the royal welcome for President Donald Trump’s UK state visit.
King Charles has also returned to public duty after stepping away for months last year to focus on his initial treatment and recovery.
The king and the princess have not revealed what type of cancer they were treated for.
-with AAP
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








