Harry and Meghan’s humanitarian mission to Jordan

Source: X
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are back in the spotlight, with a humanitarian visit to Jordan in partnership with the World Health Organisation.
The visit was announced by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s office on Wednesday – a week after the arrest of Harry’s uncle Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
People magazine said it understood the royal family had been informed of the trip.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are joining WHO’s director-general, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, with the visit centred in Jordan’s capital, Amman.
Their office said the two days of engagements will be focused on “humanitarian health response, mental health and support for vulnerable communities affected by conflict and displacement”.
One of the sites the former senior royals will visit is the regional headquarters of non-profit organisation World Central Kitchen, which deploys aid into Gaza. The trip will also take in a Syrian refugee camp.
The visit comes a month after Harry appeared in the witness box at London’s High Court as one of a group of high-profile plaintiffs accusing the publisher of the Daily Mail of invading their privacy by using unlawful information-gathering tactics to snoop on them for sensational headlines.
The King’s youngest son became emotional when asked about the case’s impact, saying the tabloid’s journalists had “made my wife’s life an absolute misery.”
🚨Prince Harry and Meghan will visit Jordan 🇯🇴 on a humanitarian trip in partnership with the WHO starting Wed. 26 – Thurs. 27.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will join Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of WHO for engagements while in the country.#HarryandMeghan pic.twitter.com/KCkPcOH05l
— ChrisBaronSmith (@ChrisBaronSmit1) February 25, 2026
Harry has remained silent on the allegations against Mountbatten-Windsor in relation to his links with US sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, as the latest documents released from the Epstein files rock the royal family.
On Wednesday (AEST), UK police said they had finished searching searching Mountbatten-Windsor’s former home on the Windsor Castle estate.
“This concludes the search activity that commenced following our arrest of a man in his 60s from Norfolk on Thursday,” Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said.
“We understand the significant public interest in this case and our investigation remains ongoing.
Documents in the Epstein files released by the US Justice Department in January appeared to show that the King’s younger brother had sent confidential government documents to the disgraced financier while working as a trade envoy.
The latest update comes as British Prime Minister Keir Starmer’s government agreed to release documents relating to Mountbatten-Windsor’s appointment as a trade envoy.
Last week’s arrest of Mountbatten-Windsor led some MPs to openly question during a debate if it was time to end the parliamentary convention that prevents them from criticising the royal family.
Chris Bryant, a junior trade minister, said during the debate that the former prince had been on “a constant self-aggrandising, self-enriching hustle” as the envoy.
Bryant called Mountbatten-Windsor “a rude, arrogant and entitled man who could not distinguish between the public interest which he said he served, and his own private interest”.
–with AAP/Reuters
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








