Questions emerge about Meghan’s Aussie ‘girls’ weekend’

Source: X/Chris Baron Smith
Questions are emerging about Meghan Markle’s luxe Australian “girls’ weekend” planned for a Sydney hotel in April.
It comes as one online petition gathers tens of thousands of signatures opposed to any taxpayer funding for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s private trip.
The highlight of Meghan’s visit is a luxury weekend retreat in Sydney hosted by the podcast Her Best Life at the InterContinental at Coogee Beach from April 17-19.
Tickets for the retreat range from $2699-$3199 for a VIP experience that includes “seating at a table in the front two rows for the gala dinner with Meghan”, plus a group photo with her. The fee includes accommodation, which is all twin share, according to the event website.
“An unforgettable weekend for women ready to reconnect, recharge and have some serious fun,” the podcast promises of the sold-out event, billed as a “girls’ weekend like no other”.
“Join us for an intimate luxury weekend by the ocean designed to bring women together for powerful conversations, relaxation, laughter and unforgettable experiences.”

The pool will open in April, the hotel’s website says. Image: InterContinental Coogee Beach
But the hotel’s pool is unfinished, according to the InterContinental’s website – which gives no specific opening date for the “leisure deck with ocean-facing infinity pool”.
One recent guest reportedly described the ongoing refurbishment as “a work in progress”, adding that there was “a blot on the view”.
“Was not told the pool was unavailable due to upgrade and the pool they substituted was a long walk from hotel and this was not satisfactory,” wrote one reviewer on travel website Booking.com last week.
The retreat has also faced business questions tied to organiser Gemma O’Neill. She founded the Her Best Life podcast with former Kyle and Jackie O Show radio co-host Jackie Henderson.
O’Neill’s talent firm, Gemmie Agency, went into voluntary liquidation in November, reportedly owing more than $500,000 to the Australian Tax Office.
O’Neill has said on the podcast that she and Meghan have a mutual friend, adding that the duchess was “effectively doing this as a favour”.
She also confirmed that Henderson, who has been in the headlines in recently over her blow-up with former radio show co-host Kyle Sandilands and her subsequent departure from KIIS FM, would not be involved in the interview with the duchess.

Meghan and friend Kelly Zajfen on the red carpet in LA. Photo: AAP
Meghan stepped out in Beverly Hills at the weekend with close friend Kelly Zajfen as the pair attended the Alliance for Children’s Rights 34th Annual Champions for Children event. She and Zajfen held hands and shared a hug on the red carpet.
Meghan was there to support of her long-time friend and present her with the Francis M. Wheat Community Service Award.
In Australia next month meanwhile, the Duke of Sussex will be a keynote speaker at the InterEdge Psychosocial Safety Summit in Melbourne from April 15-16.
Ticketing packages for the two-day event start at $1978, with a “platinum” ticket available for $2378. Proceeds will support the work of Lifeline.
Other reports suggest Harry may also meet representatives of the Australian Defence Force and explore a potential bid to host the Invictus Games in Australia in 2031.

Meghan Markle with daughter Lilibet. Photo: Instagram
The couple’s security arrangements for their Australian visit remain private. A Change.org petition opposed to any taxpayer money being used had collected nearly 30,000 signatures by Monday morning (AEDT).
“As this is a private visit, Australian taxpayers must not fund security, logistics or government coordination,” petition organiser Beyond Australia wrote.
“Since stepping down from royal duties in 2020, they no longer represent the Crown and now operate private commercial ventures based in the United States.
“At a time when Australians are facing significant cost-of-living pressures, including rising grocery bills, fuel prices, mortgage stress driven by interest rate hikes, and increasing energy costs, public resources must be used responsibly and applied fairly, without special treatment for high-profile individuals.”
The Sussexes are last believed to have been in Australia for their official royal tour in 2018, five months after they married. Meghan’s pregnancy with Prince Archie was announced shortly after their arrival.
It is understood that Archie, now 6, and his sister Lilibet, 4, will not accompany Harry and Meghan on this trip, which follows the couple’s two-day visit to Jordan in February.
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








