Harry and Meghan to headline separate events during Australian visit

Source: Middle East Eye / X
Prince Harry will be a keynote speaker at a workplace mental health summit while visiting Australia next month, while wife Meghan Markle is headlining a luxury retreat spruiked as “a girls’ weekend like no other”.
Lifeline Narrm announced on Wednesday that the Duke of Sussex – whose visit with Meghan was confirmed on Monday – will join a diverse group of speakers including former tennis star Jelena Dokic and Resilience Project founder Hugh van Cuylenburg at the April 15-16 InterEdge Psychosocial Safety Summit in Melbourne.
InterEdge Summit CEO Carrie Leeson said the calibre of speakers attending the event highlighted the scale and urgency of the issues facing Australian workplaces.
“Burnout, distress and psychological injury are rising, and the cost – to individuals, families and communities – is profound,” Leeson said.
“We’re honoured to welcome Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, to the InterEdge Summit, joining an exceptional line-up of leaders whose collective expertise reflects both the scale of the challenge and the urgency for action.
“This summit is about moving beyond awareness and driving the meaningful change Australian workplaces desperately need.”
Ticketing packages for the two-day event start at $1978, with a “platinum” ticket available for $2378. All the proceeds will go towards supporting the work of Lifeline.
Both Harry and Meghan are advocates for mental health issues, with the duke speaking openly about his own struggles in the past. The couple were named 2025 “Humanitarians of the Year” by non-profit Project Healthy Minds at a New York gala coinciding with last year’s World Mental Health Day.
A spokesperson for the duke and duchess has said their visit to Australia in mid-April will take in “a number of private, business and philanthropic engagements”.
It was revealed on Wednesday that Meghan will be the headline speaker at a luxury weekend retreat in Sydney being hosted by the podcast Her Best Life at the InterContinental at Coogee Beach from April 17-19.
The podcast, founded by Gemma O’Neill and Jackie “O” Henderson, describes the retreat on its website as “a girls’ weekend like no other”. It invites guests to “join us for an intimate luxury weekend by the ocean designed to bring women together for powerful conversations, relaxation, laughter and unforgettable experiences”.
The promised highlight will be an “in-person conversation” with the Duchess of Sussex, who is described as “a dedicated champion of mental health and the rights of women and girls”.
Tickets (including accommodation) for the retreat range from $2699 to $3199 for a VIP experience that includes “seating at a table in the front two rows for the gala dinner with Meghan”, plus a group photo with the duchess.
O’Neill said on the podcast that she and Meghan had a mutual friend, adding that the duchess was “effectively doing this as a favour”.
She also confirmed that Henderson, who has been in the headlines in recent weeks over her blow-up with former radio show co-host Kyle Sandilands and her subsequent departure from KIIS FM, would not take part in the interview with the duchess.
The Sussexes carried out an official royal tour to Australia in 2018, five months after their royal wedding, and Meghan’s pregnancy with Prince Archie was announced shortly after their arrival.
It is understood that Archie and his sister Lilibet will not accompany their parents on this trip, which follows the couple’s two-day visit to Jordan last month.
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








