King ready to support police amid fresh Andrew allegations

Source: Republic UK
The King says he is ready to support police with any investigation into his brother Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor in relation to Jeffrey Epstein.
The BBC reports the Thames Valley Police are assessing whether there are grounds to investigate a complaint by anti-monarchy group Republic over alleged misconduct in public office and breach of secrets.
The King released a statement on Tuesday (AEDT) indicating he would co-operate.
“The King has made clear, in words and through unprecedented actions, his profound concern at allegations which continue to come to light in respect of Mr Mountbatten-Windsor’s conduct,” a Buckingham Palace spokesman said.
“While the specific claims in question are for Mr Mountbatten-Windsor to address, if we are approached by Thames Valley Police we stand ready to support them as you would expect.”
It comes as new information in the Epstein files reveals the disgraced former prince appears to have knowingly shared confidential trade information with the convicted paedophile and disgraced financier while he was British trade envoy in 2010 and 2011.
The BBC said emails showed Mountbatten-Windsor passing on reports of visits to Singapore, Hong Kong and Vietnam and confidential details of investment opportunities.

William and Kate have issued a statement as the Epstein scandal deepens. Photo: AAP
Meanwhile, the Prince and Princess of Wales say they are “deeply concerned” by revelations in the Epstein files, in their first statement on the issue.
“I can confirm the Prince and Princess have been deeply concerned by the continuing revelations. Their thoughts remain focused on the victims,” a Kensington Palace spokesperson said.
The statement released ahead of Prince William’s three-day trip to Saudi Arabia, which began on Monday, is part of the British monarchy’s response to the escalating crisis surrounding the former prince Andrew.
The King last week forced Mountbatten-Windsor to leave his long-time home at Royal Lodge near Windsor Castle, accelerating a move that was announced in October but wasn’t expected to be completed until later this year.
Mountbatten-Windsor now lives on the King’s Sandringham estate in eastern England. He will live temporarily at Wood Farm Cottage while his permanent home on the same estate, Marsh Farm, is renovated.
The former Duke of York was stripped of his royal titles in October after previous revelations about his relationship with Epstein. The King’s 65-year-old brother is now known simply as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.
He has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing in his relationship with Epstein.
British PM under pressure
Meanwhile, British Prime Minister Keir Starmer faces growing pressure to stand down over the appointment of Peter Mandelson as ambassador to the US amid the Epstein files scandal.
Scottish Labour Party leader Anas Sarwar has called on Starmer to quit, the most senior Labour figure to call for his resignation.
Two of Starmer’s aides have departed in as many days over their links to Mandelson.
The resignation of communications chief Tim Allan followed the exit of Starmer’s closest aide Morgan McSweeney, who said he took responsibility for advising on the appointment of Mandelson top diplomatic role.
Sarwar said it was with a heavy heart that he had to defend Scotland and call for a change of leader in London.
Scottish polls suggest support for Labour has slumped since it won the 2024 election in a landslide..
“The distraction needs to end and the leadership in Downing Street has to change,” Sarwar said.
In response, a Downing Street spokesman said Starmer had “a clear five-year mandate from the British people to deliver change, and that is what he will do”.
Earlier on Monday (UK time), Starmer sought to raise spirits and encourage unity when he spoke to staff at his Downing Street office. He later received messages of support from his top ministers and some potential leadership rivals.
“We must prove that politics can be a force for good,” he told them, praising McSweeney as “a friend” who helped change the Labour Party and win the 2024 general election with one of the largest parliamentary majorities in modern UK history.
“I believe it can. I believe it is. We go forward from here. We go with confidence as we continue changing the country.”
The renewed scandal over Mandelson, who was sacked as ambassador to the US in September, came after files released by the US Justice Department last month included emails suggesting he had leaked discussions on possible UK asset sales and tax changes to Epstein during the financial crash.
Mandelson is under police investigation for alleged misconduct in office.
Starmer has defended his actions, accusing Mandelson of creating a “litany of deceit” about his Epstein ties and promising to release documents on how he was appointed.
1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732
National Sexual Abuse and Redress Support Service 1800 211 028
-with PA/AP/AAP
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








