String of departures to end 2025 for Harry, Meghan

Source: Hasan Minhaj Doesn’t Know
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have lost a second key staffer in just a matter of days, with the CEO of their charitable organisation announcing he is leaving.
James Holt has worked with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for nearly a decade, most recently as the Archewell chief executive.
On Monday (US time) he said he was leaving to return to London after five years in Los Angeles. A spokesman for Harry and Meghan said Holt would remain a senior philanthropic adviser and continue to support their humanitarian trips overseas in 2026.
His departure comes just a week after it was revealed the couple’s chief communications officer, Meredith Maines, was also stepping down – their 11th publicist to quit since 2020.
Maines had worked for the former royal couple since January 2025.
“After a year of inspiring work with Prince Harry and Meghan, Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Archewell, I will be pursuing a new opportunity in 2026,” she told US Weekly.
“I have the utmost gratitude and respect for the couple and the team, and the good work they are doing in the world.”
The duke and duchess have also parted ways with American PR agency Method Communications, which was hired in June this year to promote their business and philanthropic endeavours.
“Meredith Maines and Method Communications have concluded their work with Archewell. The Duke and Duchess are grateful for their contributions and wish them well,” a Sussex statement said.
Maines will follow Harry and Meghan’s director of communications, Emily Robinson, out the door. Robinson left in October, only a few months into her high-profile role.
There are mixed reports in the British media about Maines’ departure. Some media are reporting she quit after the bungled handling of a row over deleted photos of the Sussexes from the 70th birthday party for Kardashian matriarch Kris Jenner.

Harry and Meghan pose with Kris Jenner at her 70th birthday party.
Snaps from the party, showing Harry and Meghan partying with Jenner and her guests, were quickly deleted after appearing on social media. Reports at the time suggesting the Sussexes had signed a no-photo consent form were rejected by the Kardashian camp, which denied any forms existed, and said it had been asked to take down the images.
However, other media is reporting that Maines helped broker Harry’s September reunion with his estranged father, the King. In July, a photo of Maines with the King’s communications secretary Tobyn Andreae on the balcony of a private members’ club in London led many to believe a reunion between estranged father and son was imminent.

Maines (right) with Andreae (left) and the Sussexes’ British PR boss Liam Maguire in London in July. Photo: Mail on Sunday
In announcing his departure, Holt hailed the work done through Archewell, especially helping families affected by online harm, saying they inspired him every day.
He said it had been “one of the great privileges” of his career to work for Harry and Meghan.
“From my first project with Prince Harry eight years ago to improve mental health support for soldiers in the British military, to our recent work helping injured children in Gaza, he has consistently challenged me to think bigger about how we can make a difference,” Holt said.
He said he recognised a kindred spirit as soon as he met Meghan, describing her as “someone who finds joy even in difficult moments and connects authentically with people regardless of circumstance”.
The couple also paid tribute to Holt.
“James has been a stellar support for us for nearly 10 years,” they said.
“His enthusiasm and talent in overseeing our philanthropic endeavours have been extraordinary.”
Earlier this month, Harry and Meghan announced plans to revamp their foundation into Archewell Philanthropies.
The organisation was set up in 2020 after the Sussexes quit royal duties and moved to the US.
Since then it has focused on issues such as online harm and mental health. In September it donated $US500,000 ($A744,000) to help children in Gaza and Ukraine.
Harry and Meghan also run Archewell Productions, which has a multiyear deal with Netflix.
-with AAP
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








