Advertisement

Harry and Meghan photo-gate mystery deepens

Harry and Meghan pose with Kris Jenner at her 70th birthday party.

Harry and Meghan pose with Kris Jenner at her 70th birthday party. Photo: Instagram

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly asked for photos of them partying with the Kardashians to be deleted to avoid upsetting the royal family.

A representative of the California-based Duke and Duchess of Sussex reportedly made the request after Kris Jenner shared pictures of them on Instagram from her 70th birthday bash last Saturday (US time).

The photos were taken down quickly after landing on social media.

The so-called photo-gate mystery has sparked days of media speculation.

The Sussexes attended the celebrity-filled party at Jeff Bezos’ $US165 million ($253 million) Beverly Hills mansion not long before Remembrance Day, a solemn event special to British veterans.

A report from Page Six on Friday (AEDT) said one of Harry and Meghan’s reps asked Jenner to remove the photos because the couple didn’t want to upset the British royal family.

Meghan has reportedly been backing Harry’s efforts to build a bridge with his father, the King, as well as reach out to the wider royal family.

“They don’t want to piss off the royal family while they are trying to reconcile,” the source told Page Six.

“They need the [royal] family. Meghan is aware of that.”

Meghan Markle and Kim Kardashian

Meghan Markle and Kim Kardashian at the 007-themed soiree. Photo: Instagram

Page Six was also told that the photos were removed out of respect for Remembrance Day on November 11, which honours fallen soldiers.

In one photo with Jenner, Harry, a former soldier, can be seen wearing a red poppy on his tuxedo lapel. The poppy is a symbol of remembrance of those who have died or suffered in wars and conflicts.

The insider said the couple’s appearance at the party did not go down well with palace insiders, especially its timing.

“It truly shows that Harry is so far removed from the rest of the family,” the source said.

“These people may be stars in America, but the pure ostentatiousness is at odds with what Prince William is trying to do with his life and the monarchy.”

Meghan Markle and Kris Jenner

Meghan, Harry and birthday girl Kris Jenner. Photo: Instagram

The Bond-themed bash was hosted by Jenner’s six children: Kim, Kourtney, Khloé and Rob Kardashian, and Kylie and Kendall Jenner.

Other celebrity guests included Beyoncé and Jay Z, Mark Zuckerberg, Oprah Winfrey, Mariah Carey and Adele.

A copy of a party invitation shows that guests were told phones would have to be checked-in before the entering to ensure guests’ privacy.

TMZ and People have reported that guests were not asked to sign photo consent forms, and that Meghan and the prince had appeared happy to pose for the snaps.

The Kardashians are reportedly upset that coverage of the Sussexes has stolen their thunder in the days after the event.

Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?

  1. Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
  2. Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.
Advertisement
Stay informed, daily
A FREE subscription to The New Daily arrives every morning and evening.
The New Daily is a trusted source of national news and information and is provided free for all Australians. Read our editorial charter.
Copyright © 2026 The New Daily.
All rights reserved.