‘He’s sweating now’: Activists hang Andrew’s photo in Louvre

Source: Instagram/Everyonehateselon_
Activists have hung a framed photo of former prince Andrew being ferried away from a British police station on a wall at France’s famed Louvre gallery.
The now famous picture of the embattled royal slumped in the back seat of a car had a gold-coloured frame and the caption “He’s Sweating Now – 2026”.
“We thought we’d show the former Prince Andrew how the world will remember him by putting up this iconic arrest photo at the Louvre,” a spokesperson for anti-billionaire campaign group Everyone Hates Elon said.
The caption is a reference to Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s famous claim, in a disastrous 2019 BBC interview, that he could not sweat due to a medical complication from his service in the Falklands War.
The photo was snapped last week by Reuters photographer Phil Noble after Mountbatten-Windsor was released from police custody. He had been detained 12 hours earlier on suspicion of alleged misconduct in public office – the first British royal in more than 350 years to be arrested.
The group took the photo to the museum in Paris on Sunday (local time).
It shared footage of the stunt on social media, showing visitors stopping to look at the picture and taking photographs. They said Louvre staff removed the image after about 15 minutes.
In a statement, the group said the action was intended as a form of political commentary and called for accountability over allegations linked to the late financier Jeffrey Epstein.
“They say ‘hang it in the Louvre’. So we did,” they said in their Instagram video.
“Let’s hope this is just the start. Justice for all Epstein survivors.”
Everyone Hates Elon describes its mission as targeting wealthy and powerful figures through public interventions. It has previously staged similar stunts, including posters targeting Elon Musk and Tesla vehicles.
The stunt came amid more revelations about the tight connection between Mountbatten-Windsor and Epstein.
In the latest reports from British media, London police officers assigned to the former prince were instructed to provide security for a dinner party at Epstein’s residence in New York in 2010.
The Sunday Times cited emails from the Epstein files that appear to detail arrangements for Mountbatten-Windsor to stay with the late convicted sex offender in December 2010, along with his two protection officers from London’s Metropolitan Police force.
In an email sent the night before the event with the subject line “Security for party”, an employee informed Epstein the two officers had been given “instructions on the door”.
Mountbatten-Windsor has always denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein, and said he regretted their friendship.
In 2022, the royal settled a civil lawsuit brought in the US by the late Virginia Giuffre, who accused him of sexually abusing her when she was a teenager at properties owned by Epstein or his associates. He has denied ever meeting her.
Elsewhere, a recent survey has found four in five Britons back calls for Mountbatten-Windsor to be removed from the royal line of succession.
The YouGov survey revealed that 82 per cent of Britons feel the former Duke of York is no longer suitable to be in line to the throne, following recent developments.
Mountbatten-Windsor is eighth in line to the throne, behind Prince William and his three children, and the Duke of Sussex and his two children.
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








