Advertisement

Mysterious posters spark Celine Dion comeback buzz

Dion spoke about her health battle in the documentary 'I Am: Celine Dion'.

Source: Prime Video

Music icon Celine Dion is reportedly set to return to the stage for her first major live shows in two years after a series of teasing posters appeared across Paris.

The five‑time Grammy winner largely retreated from public life after being diagnosed with the rare stiff-person syndrome in 2022, although she did dazzle fans with a performance from the Eiffel Tower at the opening of the 2024 Olympics in France.

Rumours of Dion’s comeback were fuelled this week by playful posters plastered around Paris featuring the titles and lyrics of some of her most famous songs, including Power of Love and Titanic hit My Heart Will Go On.

“Her return to the stage is imminent,” French newspaper La Figaro reported on Wednesday morning (AEST).

“The contracts are signed. By Monday, March 30th, perhaps as early as this Friday,  Céline Dion will reveal the exact dates. And tickets will go on sale.”

La Figaro said its information had been confirmed by three sources, and that rather than embarking on a world tour, the Canadian singer would perform for several weeks at the 40,000‑seat Paris La Défense Arena.

Earlier, French‑Canadian outlet La Presse also reported that the poster campaign was a teaser for a residency‑style run by Dion at Paris La Defense Arena during which Dion would perform two concerts each week throughout September and October.

Dion had originally been scheduled to play at the venue in 2020 as part of her Courage World Tour, but the dates were postponed due to the pandemic and later cancelled following her diagnosis with stiff‑person syndrome (SPS).

The rare neurological disorder causes severe muscle stiffness and debilitating spasms. There is no known cure, and Dion has previously revealed the spasms affected every part of her daily life, including her ability to sing.

In her 2023 Prime Video documentary I Am: Celine Dion, she described how the condition impacted her mobility, admitting there was a period when she “could barely walk” and feared how her children would cope after already losing their father.

“I wanted to do it as a documentary because it’s not a quick thing and there is no quick fix to what I’ve gone through,” Dion told Vogue at the time.

“I hope that the documentary doesn’t frighten people but awakens people to SPS. It took 17 years for me – please don’t wait that long.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Céline Dion (@celinedion)

An Instagram post by Dion this week featuring photos of her in Paris over the years and captioned “Je sais pas comment te dire…” (“I don’t know how to tell you”) has been taken by some as a further hint at her imminent comeback.

“Pack my bags, Can’t miss the Paris residency,” commented one fan on the post.

“We are soooo ready,” wrote another.

Paris La Defense Arena, which has previously hosted shows by stars such as Taylor Swift, the Rolling Stones and Kendrick Lamar, is not yet promoting the Dion residency on its website.

If the shows do go ahead, they will mark a significant turning point for the star, who has spent the past few years focused on recovery.

La Figaro predicted it would be “a global event”, with fans expected to travel from far and wide to attend.

–with AAP

Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?

  1. Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
  2. Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.
Advertisement
Stay informed, daily
A FREE subscription to The New Daily arrives every morning and evening.
The New Daily is a trusted source of national news and information and is provided free for all Australians. Read our editorial charter.
Copyright © 2026 The New Daily.
All rights reserved.