Kate, Princess of Wales, has shared a heartfelt message of support to commemorate World Cancer Day.
The 44-year-old royal was diagnosed with cancer in early 2024, and spent almost a year largely out of the public eye as she was treated for the disease.
In January last year, she declared it was a relief to be in remission. On Wednesday (British time), the princess posted a message of support to other people going through similar struggles.
“On World Cancer Day, my thoughts are with everyone who is facing a cancer diagnosis, undergoing treatment or finding their way through recovery,” she says in the video, posted to Instagram.
“Cancer touches so many lives – not only patients, but the families and friends and caregivers who walk beside them.
“As anyone who has experienced this journey will know, it’s not linear. There are moments of fear and exhaustion. But also moments of strength, kindness, and profound connection.
“Today is a reminder of the importance of care, understanding and hope. Please know you are not alone.”
Kate’s video included footage of her visit from January last year to the Royal Marsden Hospital in London, on the day she confirmed she was in remission.
“I wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you to The Royal Marsden for looking after me so well during the past year,” Kate wrote on social media platform X at the time.
“My heartfelt thanks goes to all those who have quietly walked alongside William and me as we have navigated everything.
“We couldn’t have asked for more. The care and advice we have received throughout my time as a patient has been exceptional.”
Wednesday’s message came a month after Kate – wife of Prince William – posted a similar message to social media to mark her 44th birthday.
Source: Prince and Princess of Wales
In the final instalment of Kensington Palace’s quarterly Mother Nature series, Kate said she had spent the northern winter reflecting on how “deeply grateful” she was. She said the cold season had a way of bringing “stillness, patience and quiet consideration”.
The princess launched the series in 2025 as a celebration of the changing seasons across Britain.
“Even in the coldest, darkest season, winter has a way of bringing us stillness, patience and quiet consideration,” she said in the video.
The video was accompanied by a personal post signed with a C, for Catherine.
“The Mother Nature series has been a deeply personal, creative reflection on how nature has helped me heal. But it is also a story about the power of nature and creativity in collective healing,” it read.
“There is so much we can learn from mother nature, as we look to build a happier, healthier world. C”
Kate has gradually increased her public engagements in the past year, returning to state banquets, including one hosted for US President Donald Trump at Windsor Castle.
The future queen’s updates come as she and the Prince of Wales and their three children – Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis – are settling into their new home, Forest Lodge in Windsor Great Park. They moved from Adelaide Cottage, closer to Windsor Castle, three months ago.
-with AAP
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.









