Advertisement

Senior royal urges focus on Epstein victims amid latest Andrew scandal

Source: X

Prince Edward has become the first senior royal to comment publicly after the latest release of Epstein files featuring his brother Andrew, who has reportedly been booted out of his Windsor mansion “under cover of darkness”.

The Duke of Edinburgh was attending the World Governments Summit in Dubai when a CNN journalist asked him about the documents, which include photos of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor crouched over an unidentified woman lying on the ground.

Edward, the youngest son of the late Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, initially appeared about to sidestep the issue, but then said  the focus should be on sex offender Jeffrey Epstein’s victims.

“With the best will in the world, I’m not sure this is the audience that is the least bit interested in that,” the duke said.

“They all came here to listen to education, solving the future, but no, I think it’s all really important, always, to remember the victims and who are the victims in all this. A lot of victims in this.”

Mountbatten-Windsor, who has vehemently denied any wrongdoing, was stripped of his titles by the King last year after the posthumous publication of a book from Virginia Giuffre, who was his main accuser. Giuffre alleged she was trafficked by Epstein and his former girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell when she was 17.

The Sun newspaper reported overnight that the former prince had been kicked out of his Royal Lodge home – a sprawling mansion on Windsor Estate – earlier than planned due to the King’s concern over the escalating allegations against him.

It said he was driven away in darkness late on Monday (British time) to avoid being seen, and would stay temporarily at a small cottage on Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, before moving to new permanent digs next door at Marsh Farm.

The move comes as British police investigate allegations that a “beautiful” 26-year-old Russian woman was sent to the UK for a sexual encounter with Mountbatten-Windsor.

Lawyers representing the woman have urged the King to contact them following the claims.

Pictures of barefoot Andrew and a female on the floor. Photo: US Department of Justice

Brad Edwards, from the US firm Edwards Henderson, previously told the BBC his client had spent the night with Mountbatten-Windsor after being given a tour of Buckingham Palace.

“We are aware of reports about a woman said to have been taken to an address in Windsor in 2010 for sexual purposes,” a Thames Valley Police spokesperson said.

“We are assessing the information in line with our established procedures.

“We take any reports of sexual crimes extremely seriously and encourage anyone with information to come forward.

“At this time, these allegations have not been reported to Thames Valley Police by either the lawyer or their client.”

Mountbatten-Windsor features in Epstein documents released by the US Department of Justice last weekend.

As well as undated photos of the former prince with the unidentified woman on the floor, he and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson appear in email exchanges with Epstein. In one, Mountbatten-Windsor appeared to invite Epstein to Buckingham Palace.

The email exchange reveals Epstein also offers to introduce Mountbatten-Windsor to a woman described by the paedophile as “26, Russian, clevere (sic) beautiful, trustworthy”, while in the same month, Mountbatten-Windsor also tells Epstein: “Wish I was still a pet in your family”.

British PM Keir Starmer has said ‍the former prince should testify before a US congressional committee following the latest revelations.

andrew marsh farm

Marsh Farm on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, which is believed to be Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s next home. Photo: AAP

Prince Edward’s comments this week are in line with those made by the King and Queen when it was announced Mountbatten-Windsor was being stripped of his title and would be moving out of the Royal Lodge.

In a statement at the time, Buckingham Palaces said the censures were “deemed necessary”, despite the fact the former prince continued to deny the allegations against him.

“Their Majesties wish to make clear that their thoughts and utmost sympathies have been, and will remain with, the victims and survivors of any and all forms of abuse,” it said.

1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732

National Sexual Abuse and Redress Support Service 1800 211 028

Lifeline 131 114

beyondblue 1300 224 636

–with PA

Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?

  1. Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
  2. Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.
Advertisement
Stay informed, daily
A FREE subscription to The New Daily arrives every morning and evening.
The New Daily is a trusted source of national news and information and is provided free for all Australians. Read our editorial charter.
Copyright © 2026 The New Daily.
All rights reserved.