Andrew’s ‘brazen’ demand amid reports he will give up his house

Source: ENews
Britain’s embattled Prince Andrew has reportedly agreed to give up his prized home – although only if a “brazen” demand is met.
There were reports in British media on Monday that Andrew and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson had finally bowed to pressure to move from the 30-room mansion Royal Lodge, amid widening outrage at their relationship with deceased paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
It follows reports at the weekend that the King’s younger brother was in talks about voluntarily departing Royal Lodge, where he has lived for more than 20 years, following the furore over the “peppercorn” rent for the Windsor property.
The Sun and The Telegraph newspapers both reported on Monday that the former couple, who still live together, had agreed to move – if they are given a home each, both on the Windsor estate.
Under a story headlined “Two pads Andy”, The Sun wrote that Andrew, 65, had demanded Frogmore Cottage, the former home of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, in exit talks with palace bosses.

Adelaide Cottage is currently home to the Prince and Princess of Wales. Photo: Royal Collection Trust
Ferguson, meanwhile, wants to move into the nearby Adelaide Cottage, where the Prince and Princess of Wales presently live with their three children.
Prince William and wife Kate are due to move out within days for their own “forever home”, Forest Lodge. The Wales’ new eight-bedroom Grade-II listed home is in Windsor Great Park, just under two kilometres from Royal Lodge – something William is said to be keenly aware of.
“William wants him gone before they start to move in next week,” a source told The Daily Mail.
Importantly, neither Frogmore nor Adelaide Cottage would require any renovating before Andrew and Ferguson moved in. But they are believed to feel that Frogmore, which has five bedrooms, is too small them to share.
“No one is really sure how it’s going to go down at the palace yet,” a friend of the former Yorks told The Sun, which said the pair had “brazenly demanded” both homes.
“Andy is willing to leave, but these are his demands.
“He is realistic and knows the writing is on the wall and that his time at Royal Lodge is up. If he must go, then he has asked for Frogmore Cottage.”
The cottages are close to each other, so would allow the former couple to see each other as they wanted. Both also have space for daughters Eugenie and Beatrice and their young families to visit.

Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson still share a home despite divorcing decades ago. Photo: Getty
Andrew was first offered Frogmore in January 2023 when Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle were evicted. He turned it down to stay at Royal Lodge.
The prince has recently attempted to draw a line under years of controversy, following allegations he sexually abused Virginia Giuffre, by giving up his dukedom and other honours ahead of the publication last week of Giuffre’s posthumous memoirs.
But Andrew, who strenuously denies the allegations, has instead been swamped by criticism that has focused on the property he has lived in effectively rent-free since 2003.
In signs the strife isn’t going to disappear, British MPs could soon take the unusual step of debating his conduct, his 30-room home and the possibility of stripping him of his dukedom.
A Liberal Democrat source indicated to Britain’s Sunday Times newspaper at the weekend that the party could be prepared to use one of its opposition days to allow MPs to discuss Andrew’s behaviour.
The ability of MPs to discuss matters relating to the royal family is constrained under House of Commons’ procedures.
The guide to the rules states, “unless the discussion is based upon a substantive motion, drawn in proper terms, reflections must not be cast in debate upon the conduct of the sovereign, the heir to the throne, or other members of the royal family”.
“We need to explore all options, including an opposition day debate, to ensure parliament can scrutinise this properly, from Prince Andrew’s residence at Royal Lodge to his dukedom,” a Liberal Democrat source said.
“The first thing we need is proper transparency and accountability – that’s why we have called for the Crown Estate and Prince Andrew to give evidence under oath in parliament.”
The Liberal Democrat insider indicated they hoped the King would be willing to take action.
“It’s right that we’re led by the King on this, and if parliament does have to act we hope it can be hand-in-hand with the palace,” the source said.
-with AAP
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








