Advertisement

Robert Irwin in talks to host new reality show, amid Bachelor rumours

Source: Disney

Fresh from his victory on popular US show Dancing with the Stars, Robert Irwin may be in the frame for a more permanent gig on the dance floor – this time without the spandex.

The Queensland wildlife conservationist is reportedly in talks with US broadcaster ABC to host a spinoff series with the working title Dancing With the Stars: The Next Pro.

It comes as industry rumours also put him in the frame as a potentiao leading man in the US version of The Bachelor.

The new reality series – expected to air later this year both on the US ABC and Disney-owned streaming platform Hulu – will feature dancers competing throughout an audition process.

The winner of The Next Pro would earn a position as a pro dancer on the upcoming 35th season of Dancing With the Stars.

In November, Irwin and his pro-dance partner Witney Carson won the coveted Mirrorball Trophy in a three-hour finale of the 34th Dancing With the Stars.

Both teared up as they accepted the trophy, before 21-year-old Irwin – son of the late Crocodile Hunter Steve – made a short victory speech.

“My sister said it best, thank you for changing my life,” he said.

Irwin’s sister Bindi, then just 17, also won the show 11 years ago.

Bachelor rumours

Irwin, currently co-host of Australian reality show I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here, is hot property in the US since his win.

Earlier this month his name was raised in industry rumours as leading man for an upcoming US season of The Bachelor.

But he declined to really discuss the rumours.

“Who knows? It’s a strange world. Anything could happen,” he told Entertainment Tonight.

“I’m in this realm right now where I’m like, ‘never say never’.”

View post on Instagram
 

Irwin also caused a stir after attending the NFL Super Bowl in California last Sunday local time.

He was among scores of celebrities at the game between the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots in California, showing off his moves as Puerto Rican singer Bad Bunny performed in the halftime show.

One post, in particular, caused a stir with an Irwin fan firmly tongue in cheek praising him as a “white boy who doesn’t know a lick of Spanish living his best life to Bad Bunny with no problem”.

That post earned a community note, with other X users noting the “random white boy” was Irwin, “renowned conservationist and son of the Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin”.

“His father did not wrestle crocodiles, wrangle cobras and box kangaroos for you to call Robert Irwin some random white boy,” X user Matt Royer wrote.

After the game, 22-year-old Irwin told US his first Super Bowl experience was “insane”.

“[I’m] not in Australia anymore!” he said.

Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?

  1. Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
  2. Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.
Advertisement
Stay informed, daily
A FREE subscription to The New Daily arrives every morning and evening.
The New Daily is a trusted source of national news and information and is provided free for all Australians. Read our editorial charter.
Copyright © 2026 The New Daily.
All rights reserved.