Advertisement

‘Calm down’: Bardot responds to health scares

The funeral ceremony for French film legend Brigitte Bardot will take place on January 7.

The funeral ceremony for French film legend Brigitte Bardot will take place on January 7. Photo: Brigitte Bardot Foundation

Former French movie star and animal rights activist Brigitte Bardot is recovering and wants to reassure those concerned about her health not to worry, Bardot’s foundation says.

It follows media reports last week that Bardot, 91, was again hospitalised in Toulon, southern France, in November.

In turn, that followed an earlier spell in hospital in October for surgery that her office described at the time as minor.

“In response to the spread of false information in recent days, Ms Brigitte Bardot would like to remind everyone that she is currently recovering, that she would appreciate it if people would respect her privacy, and invites everyone to calm down,” the statement on Monday (French time) said.

“Ms Bardot wishes to reassure those who are genuinely concerned about her. She sends them this message: ‘I send my love to you all’.”

Bardot became world famous in the 1950s and ’60s for her free-spirited performances in movies such as And God Created Woman.

As a singer, she also released several records during that time.

She stopped acting in the 1970s, permanently moved to the French Riviera town of Saint-Tropez, and dedicated herself to the animal welfare cause through a foundation in her name.

Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?

  1. Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
  2. Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.
Advertisement
Stay informed, daily
A FREE subscription to The New Daily arrives every morning and evening.
The New Daily is a trusted source of national news and information and is provided free for all Australians. Read our editorial charter.
Copyright © 2026 The New Daily.
All rights reserved.