Fresh health scare for Hollywood legend Brigitte Bardot

Former movie star Brigitte Bardot has reportedly been rushed to hospital again. Photo: Getty
Brigitte Bardot has reportedly been hospitalised in France.
French publication Nice-Matin now reports the 91-year-old Hollywood veteran has been rushed to the Saint-Jean Hospital – a month after being admitted to a private hospital in Toulon for surgery related to a mystery illness.
Bardot was later discharged from the Toulon hospital to continue her recovery at her home in Saint-Tropez.
However, Nice-Matin said on Tuesday (local time) she had been rushed back to the Saint-Jean Hospital. It said Bardot was admitted to the clinic and had spent the past 10 days in care of doctors.
The latest health scare comes just weeks after the actress was forced to deny rumours of her death. Bardot posted a statement on her X account to dismiss claims from influencer Aqababe, in a now-deleted social media post, suggesting she had passed away.
“I don’t know who the idiot who started this ‘fake news’ about my disappearance but know that I am doing well and I have no plan on taking my bow. A word to the wise,” she wrote.
Aqababe, whose real name is Aniss Zitouni, claimed in their post that they had “exclusive information” about the star’s supposed death.
“Her coffin was ordered in Saint-Paul-de-Jarrat in the 09 (Ariège) department. An icon has passed away, leaving behind an unforgettable legacy and an internal imprint on the hearts of the French,” the deleted post read.
The influencer even stood by the claims after Bardot issued her denial, maintaining the former actress wasn’t running her account.
“I deleted my exclusive tweet about Brigitte Bardot’s death. It’s not her who manages her Twitter, you’ll see when AFP officially announces the death,” Aqababe wrote.
Bardot previously suffered another health scare in July 2023 when she experienced respiratory problems amid soaring summer temperatures in Saint-Tropez.
She was treated by medics at her home.
“It was around 9am when Brigitte had trouble breathing,” her husband Bernard d’Ormale told Var Matin at the time.
He described the health scare as a “respiratory distraction”, saying: “[Her breathing] was stronger than usual but she did not lose consciousness. Let’s call it a moment of respiratory distraction.”
Bernard – who has been married to the icon since 1992 – added: “Like all people of a certain age, she can no longer bear the heat. It happens at 88 years old. She must not make unnecessary efforts.”
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








