‘I ain’t dead yet’: Dolly Parton gives health update

Source: Dolly Parton/X
Dolly Parton, 79, has spoken out and assured fans that “I’m not dying” after her sister sparked fears over the singer’s health.
On Thursday (AEST), Parton shared a video to social media to say she was doing fine and just getting some treatments “here and there”.
“Lately, everybody thinks that I am sicker than I am,” she said in the video.
“Do I look sick to you? I’m working hard here!”
Parton filmed the clip while on set working on commercials for the Grand Ole Opry.
“Anyway, I wanted to put everybody’s mind at ease, those of you that seem to be real concerned, which I appreciate,” she said.
“I appreciate your prayers, ’cause I’m a person of faith. I can always use the prayers for anything and everything. But I want you to know that I’m OK.”
The recently widowed Parton said some of her “problems” were linked to neglecting her own health after the death of her husband of 58 years, Carl Dean, in March.
“Back when my husband Carl was very sick, that was for a long time, and then when he passed, I didn’t take care of myself, so I let a lot of things go that I should’ve been taking care of,” she said.
“Anyway, when I got around to it, the doctor said, we need to take care of this, we need to take care of that.
“Nothing major, but I did have to cancel some things so I could be closer to home, closer to Vanderbilt [University Medical Centre], where I’m kind of having a few treatments here and there, but I wanted you to know that I’m not dying.”
She added: “So anyhow, that’s what I wanted to say and I’m not ready to die yet. I don’t think God is through with me and I ain’t done working.”
In her post on Facebook, Dolly’s younger sister said: “Last night, I was up all night praying for my sister, Dolly.
“Many of you know she hasn’t been feeling her best lately. I truly believe in the power of prayer, and I have been lead to ask all of the world that loves her to be prayer warriors and pray with me.
“She’s strong, she’s loved, and with all the prayers being lifted for her, I know in my heart she’s going to be just fine.
“Godspeed, my sissy Dolly. We all love you!”
It came after Parton last month postponed a scheduled Las Vegas residency, citing “health challenges”.
Parton had been due to perform six shows at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace for Dolly: Live in Las Vegas in December, but rescheduled for September 2026.
“As many of you know, I have been dealing with some health challenges, and my doctors tell me that I must have a few procedures,” she wrote on Instagram in announcing the postponement of what would have been her first Vegas residency in more than 30 years.
“As I joked with them, it must be time for my 100,000-mile check-up, although it’s not the usual trip to see my plastic surgeon.
“In all seriousness, given this, I am not going to be able to rehearse and put together the show that I want you to see. You pay good money to see me perform, and I want to be at my best for you.
“Don’t worry about me quittin’ the business because God hasn’t said anything about stopping yet,” she wrote.
“But I believe he is telling me to slow down right now so I can be ready for more big adventures with all of you.”
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








