Advertisement

Dolly Parton delays concerts due to ‘health challenges’

Source: Dolly Parton

Singer Dolly Parton has postponed her first Las Vegas residency in 32 years, citing “health challenges”.

“As many of you know, I have been dealing with some health challenges, and my doctors tell me that I must have a few procedures,” the country music legend wrote on social media on Monday (US time).

“As I joked with them, it must be time for my 100,000-mile check-up, although it’s not the usual trip to see my plastic surgeon!”

Parton said she was postponing the shows because she was “not going to be able to rehearse and put together the show that I want you to see”.

“You pay good money to see me perform, and I want to be at my best for you,” she wrote.

View post on Instagram
 

She was scheduled to perform six shows at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace for Dolly: Live in Las Vegas between December 4-13, overlapping with the US National Finals Rodeo. Her dates have been moved to September next year.

She said tickets remained valid for the new dates and refunds were also available.

“Don’t worry about me quittin’ the business because God hasn’t said anything about stopping yet,” Parton said.

“But I believe he is telling me to slow down right now so I can be ready for more big adventures with all of you.”

Parton performs on occasion but hasn’t toured since her Pure & Simple Tour ended in 2016. But she’s remained as busy as ever.

On November 11 she will release a new book, Star of the Show: My Life on Stage. And a new stage musical inspired by her life story will land on Broadway in 2026.

Earlier this month, Parton was unable to attend the announcement of a new ride at her Tennessee theme park Dollywood due to health issues.

“I had a kidney stone that was causing me a lot of problems, turned out it’d given me an infection, and the doctor said, ‘You don’t need to be travelling right this minute, so you need a few days to get better’,” she said in a video announcement at the time.

“He suggested I not go to Dollywood today, but I’m there with you in spirit. I was looking so forward to it.”

In March this year, Parton’s devoted husband of nearly 60 years who avoided the spotlight and inspired her timeless hit Jolene, Carl Dean, died. He was 82.

Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?

  1. Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
  2. Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.
Advertisement
Stay informed, daily
A FREE subscription to The New Daily arrives every morning and evening.
The New Daily is a trusted source of national news and information and is provided free for all Australians. Read our editorial charter.
Copyright © 2026 The New Daily.
All rights reserved.