Melania Trump documentary maker Brett Ratner included in Epstein files


Ratner is the director of an upcoming documentary about Melania Trump. Photo: TND/AAP
Disgraced Hollywood figure Brett Ratner – who is making a return with the upcoming Melania Trump documentary – has appeared in the latest release of Epstein files.
In a photo released in the past days Ratner, is seen posing with the late French model agent and Epstein associate Jean-Luc Brunel.
Brunel appears shirtless in the image while being intimately hugged by Ratner, 56, in a dimly-lit room. The photo does not include a date or location.
Brunel took his own life in 2022 while in a French prison facing charges of raping a minor.
Ratner has been accused of sexual assault by multiple women, including actors Olivia Munn and Natasha Henstridge.
He rose to fame after directing the Rush Hour, as well as The Family Man and X-Men: The Last Stand.
In November 2017, Ratner announced he was “choosing to personally step away from all Warner Bros- related activities” after allegations of sexual misconduct against him in a Los Angeles Times report.

Ratnew was photographed with Epstein associate Jean-Luc Brunel. Photo: DoJ
Warner Bros later announced it would not renew its US$450-million ($670-million) first-look deal with Ratner’s production company.
His documentary about the US first lady, MELANIA, is Ratner’s directorial project since 2014’s Hercules.
Ratner is also set to bring back his Rush Hour franchise after US President Donald Trump reportedly intervened to get a fourth film financed. ‘
The film will be distributed by Paramount, which is owned Trump supporter Larry Ellison.
Amazon last week released the first trailer for MELANIA, which follows Melania Trump in the 20 days before the 2025 inauguration.
With the tagline “witness history in the making”, Amazon says the documentary features “exclusive footage capturing critical meetings, private conversations, and never-before-seen environments”.
The trailer features Trump as Melania assists him on camera.
“My proudest legacy will be that of peacemaker,” he says before she adds “peacemaker and unifier”.
“Everyone wants to know, so here it is,” says Melania later in the footage.
Source: Amazon
Amazon reportedly spent US$40 million ($60 million) for the rights to the documentary, which the first lady originally conceived of in November 2024.
Thousands of files were released by the US Department of Justice on Saturday, a month after Trump signed the Epstein Files Transparency Act requiring the department to make all documents related to the investigation publicly available and searchable.
The DOJ’s release of files so far includes roughly 3900 files featuring documents and photos, including a full scanned copy of the book Massage for Dummies, a fully redacted 119-page grand jury filing and a police report in which a young woman alleged that Epstein threatened to burn down her house.
The files also include images of former US president Bill Clinton, actor Kevin Spacey, Michael Jackson and other high-profile celebrities and political figures.
At least 16 of the files have since been reportedly removed from the DOJ webpage, including a photograph of Trump. US Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche claims the files were removed to protect the victims.
Epstein died while awaiting trial on federal conspiracy and sex trafficking charges in August 2019 aged 66.
His death was ruled a suicide.
1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732
National Sexual Abuse and Redress Support Service 1800 211 028
Lifeline 131 114
beyondblue 1300 224 636
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








