New One Nation MP reels at fiery Canberra baptism

Source: Mike Bowers
New One Nation MP David Farley has survived an explosive debut Canberra press conference days after winning the party’s first federal lower house seat.
It came as what started as a routine discussion of reactions to the federal budget on Wednesday devolved into a high-octane exchange over multiple conspiracy theories allegedly being peddled by One Nation politicians and supporters.
A gaggle of some 30 journalists and camera crew descended on the Mural Hall in Parliament House on Wednesday to hear the soon-to-be member for Farrer, who was flanked by One Nation’s entire four-strong parliamentary contingent.
Things devolved when party leader Pauline Hanson refused to condemn a volunteer in Saturday’s byelection who had shared social media posts supporting cop-killer Dezi Freeman and neo-Nazi Thomas Sewell.
“He was invited there, he was a volunteer, it was a night of celebration,” Hanson said.
“I do not condone violence of any type or bullying.”
Allan Beale had previously shared a Facebook post supporting Freeman that read: “Will the injured police officer ever be allowed to tell his story, or maybe he doesn’t even exist??” saying the view was something “for all to consider”.
At One Nation’s victory party on Saturday night, Beale shook hands, and was hugged and praised by Farley, Hanson and One Nation MP Barnaby Joyce.
He had already made news ahead of last Saturday’s Farrer byelection after being filmed trying to grab Liberal senator James Paterson’s phone out of his hand in a testy street altercation.
Source: AAP
In comments on a post relating to Victorian neo-Nazi leader Thomas Sewell, Beale also praised the former National Socialist Network leader for pushing back against pro-Palestinian protesters.
“Back in my military days we would have certainly been more aggressive in ensuring long-term injuries were imparted,” Beale said of the demonstrators.
Reporters also quizzed One Nation senator Malcolm Roberts on comments suggesting the Bondi massacre had been staged.
“I haven’t got the evidence. I doubt whether it’s a false flag, Roberts told comedian Lisa Jane Spencer on May 1, when asked if the December tragedy was a false flag.
“I’m not ruling it out – you’ll notice that,” he said.
Roberts called the notion “an absurd proposition”, but seemed to double down on his obfuscation on Wednesday.
“I reinforce the fact that I make decisions based on data,” he said.
Farley, meanwhile, said he was humbled and honoured to be representing the southern NSW electorate after last Saturday’s byelection.
Source: Mike Bowers
Farley said he approved of the $25 billion extra for public hospitals announced on Tuesday night, but Hanson was later was more scathing of the federal budget.
“I see this as nothing but communism taking over and redistributing wealth,” she said.
“You can’t keep stripping money out of the pockets of the Australian people.”
Hanson, 71, accused the government of “stripping” wealth from baby boomers and redistributing it to younger Australians. She said her generation had worked hard and sacrificed things like clothing and meals out to accumulate their wealth.
Barnaby Joyce, who defected from the Nationals to join One Nation in 2025, chimed in with an appeal to lay off parents who want to pass wealth on to their children, adding squeezing homeowners would hit tenants hard.
“I don’t know why this is so evil: They want to help out their children,” he said.
“Where do [renters] go? To their cars to live. What a wonderful Australia we’ve created.”
-with AAP
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








