Advertisement

Bankwest customers left red-faced

An apologetic message from Bankwest has been issued as it continues to address technical problems that have left many of its customers red-faced.

Customers across Australia have posted a barrage of angry messages on social media after they were barred from accessing their money and left unable to pay for goods on Sunday.

Banks break silence on ‘indefensible’ ATM fees
Savings boom: Aussies stash millions for a rainy day
Budget in disarray? Take a financial health check

“Just had to ditch a full basket of groceries and do the walk of shame out of Woolies!” wrote Shea Bennett on Facebook.

“An SMS or something to warn me of the impending embarrassment might have been nice.”

Renae Snorkelbender said she had been left stranded by the glitch: “This really sucks I need to buy medicine and nappies for 2 babies!”

Bankwest spokesman Russell Quinn apologised for the technical issues and said the company would post updates on Facebook.

“It is our top priority at the moment,” Mr Quinn said.

“We are working on it as we speak.”

AAP

Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?

  1. Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
  2. Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.
Advertisement
Stay informed, daily
A FREE subscription to The New Daily arrives every morning and evening.
The New Daily is a trusted source of national news and information and is provided free for all Australians. Read our editorial charter.
Copyright © 2026 The New Daily.
All rights reserved.