Advertisement

Spacey settles British lawsuits over alleged sex assault

Kevin Spacey was one of Hollywood's biggest ‌stars before ‌he was ⁠accused of sexual assault in 2017.

Kevin Spacey was one of Hollywood's biggest ‌stars before ‌he was ⁠accused of sexual assault in 2017. Photo: Getty

Oscar-winning US actor Kevin Spacey has reached a confidential settlement with three British men who ‌had filed civil lawsuits at London’s High Court accusing him of ‌sexual assault between 2000 and 2013.

Two of the claimants were complainants who gave evidence during Spacey’s 2023 criminal trial in London, where the now 66-year-old actor was acquitted of all charges.

Spacey, one of Hollywood’s biggest ‌stars before ‌he was ⁠first accused of sexual assault in 2017, ​has consistently denied accusations of sexual misconduct and said the incidents alleged in the lawsuits did not happen or were consensual.

A court order dated March 13 and ‌made public this week said the lawsuits had been stayed following ⁠the settlement, meaning a ‌trial ​that had been scheduled for October will not go ahead.

Spacey’s ​lawyers did not ‌immediately respond to a request for comment. A spokesperson for ​the claimants’ lawyers declined to comment.

Spacey, who won Oscars for American Beauty and The Usual Suspects, was dropped from the TV ​drama House ​of Cards and removed from ​the movie All the Money in ‌the World after the first allegations of sexual assault emerged.

A civil lawsuit against Spacey in the US was dismissed by a jury in 2022.

He stood trial in London ​the following year, charged with sexually assaulting four men in Britain. ​He was acquitted ⁠of all nine charges.

1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732

National Sexual Abuse and Redress Support Service 1800 211 028

Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?

  1. Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
  2. Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.
Advertisement
Stay informed, daily
A FREE subscription to The New Daily arrives every morning and evening.
The New Daily is a trusted source of national news and information and is provided free for all Australians. Read our editorial charter.
Copyright © 2026 The New Daily.
All rights reserved.