$50 million Epstein settlement nears agreement

A multimillion-dollar settlement to Jeffrey Epstein's victims is a step closer to being agreed. Photo: AAP
A judge has granted preliminary approval to a deal for Jeffrey Epstein’s estate to pay a multimillion-dollar settlement in a class action lawsuit that accused two of his advisers of aiding and abetting his sex trafficking.
Boies Schiller Flexner, a law firm representing Epstein victims, announced the settlement – worth as much as $US35 million ($A50 million) – on February 19.
On Tuesday (US time), Manhattan US District Judge Arun Subramanian said the agreement appeared fair.
Subramanian scheduled a hearing for September 16 to consider granting final approval.
The deal would bring an end to a 2024 lawsuit filed against Epstein’s former personal lawyer Darren Indyke and former accountant Richard Kahn, who are co-executors of Epstein’s estate.
It alleges that they facilitated the disgraced financier’s advisers trafficking of young women and teenage girls.
Lawyers for Indyke and Kahn did not immediately respond to requests for comment. One of their lawyers had previously said neither Indyke nor Kahn “made any admission or concession of misconduct” as part of the settlement.
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








