The US Congress has summoned Andrew Mountbatten Windsor to answer questions relating to the convicted child sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
Democrats on the committee investigating Epstein’s sex trafficking wrote to the former prince on Thursday (US time) requesting a formal interview seeking information about the disgraced financier’s co-conspirators and enablers.
“Well-documented allegations against you, along with your long-standing friendship with Mr Epstein, indicate that you may possess knowledge of his activities relevant to our investigation,” the letter said.
It seeks a response by November 20 but does not require Mountbatten Windsor’s cooperation. The US government has no ability to compel a British citizen to appear.
The request comes as the King has officially stripped his younger brother of the title of prince, using a formal document affixed with a royal seal.
The disgraced royal has also lost the designation “his royal highness” after the King issued a letters patent, a centuries-old type of document used by monarchs to bestow – and remove – appointments or titles.
“The King has been pleased by letters patent under the Great Seal of the Realm dated 3 November 2025 to declare that Andrew Mountbatten Windsor shall no longer be entitled to hold and enjoy the style, title or attribute of ‘royal highness’ and the titular dignity of ‘prince’,” an announcement published Wednesday (local time) in The Gazette, Britain’s official public record, said.
The King also formally removed the title Duke of York from his brother.
It came only days after he announced on October 30 that he would strip his brother of his titles and evict him from his royal residence over Mountbatten Windsor’s relationship with Epstein.
Pressure had mounted on Buckingham Palace to oust the 65-year-old prince from his Royal Lodge home over revelations about the friendship and renewed attention on sexual abuse allegations by one of Epstein’s victims, Virginia Roberts Giuffre. Her posthumous memoir was published last month.
The King went even further to punish Mountbatten Windsor for serious lapses of judgment by removing the title of prince, which he had held since birth as a child of a monarch, the late Queen Elizabeth II.
Mountbatten Windsor is also being forced to give up Royal Lodge, the 30-room mansion near Windsor Castle where he has lived for more than 20 years. He will move into a more remote home funded by his brother on the King’s 8100-hectare Sandringham Estate in eastern England.
The King’s decision was welcomed by the family of Giuffre, who died by suicide in April at the age of 41.
She said that in the early 2000s, when she was a teenager, she was caught up in Epstein’s sex trafficking ring and exploited by Mountbatten Windsor and other influential men.
Mountbatten Windsor has consistently denied the allegations.
Epstein was found dead in a New York City jail cell in 2019 in what investigators called a suicide.
The latest move comes as royal biographer Andrew Lownie predicts there is “lots more to come” out about Mountbatten Windsor’s relationship with Epstein, as well as dodgy deals from his years as a British trade ambassador.
“I think there’s lots more still to come, lots more, and it will be even more damaging material,” Lownie said last week of the ongoing revelations about the former prince.
1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732
Lifeline 131 114
beyondblue 1300 224 636
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








