Contractor working at Brisbane detention centre tests positive for COVID-19


Revealing the interception was "entire abuse of proper processes", Anthony Albanese says. Photo: AAP
A contractor working at a makeshift detention centre in Brisbane has tested positive to COVID-19, potentially exposing detainees to infection..
The guard had worked at a hotel in Kangaroo Point which houses refugees transferred from offshore detention to receive specialist medical treatment.
Australian Border Force says the guard’s last shift at the hotel was on March 7 and no refugees have so far tested positive to COVID-19.
“Plans have been established to manage any suspected cases of COVID-19,” ABF said in a statement.
“Detainees will be isolated and tested in line with advice from the Department of Health and the broader Commonwealth response.”
-more to come
-with AAP
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








