Fergie’s British charity to close after Epstein revelations
Source: E News
The charity of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s ex-wife Sarah Ferguson is to close, days after a fresh batch of revelations about the former duchess’s friendship with paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein.
Sarah’s Trust will close “for the foreseeable future” after “some months” of discussion, a spokesman said.
It comes after the US Department of Justice published more than three million documents last Friday relating to Epstein, revealing more about his contact with the former prince Andrew and his ex-wife.
In yet another email, Ferguson wrote to Epstein in June 2010: “You are a legend.”
“I really don’t have the words to describe, my love, gratitude for your generosity and kindness. Xx I am at your service. Just marry me.”
It had earlier come to light that she thanked Epstein for “being the brother I have always wished for” and she has “never been more touched by a friend’s kindness”.
In April 2009, “Sarah” emailed Epstein calling him “my dear spectacular and special friend Jeffrey” and a “legend”, adding that she was “so proud” of him.
A spokesman for Sarah’s Trust confirmed the closure on Monday (British time).
“Our chair, Sarah Ferguson, and the board of trustees have agreed that with regret the charity will shortly close for the foreseeable future,” he said.
“This has been under discussion and in train for some months.
“We remain extremely proud of the work of the trust over recent years.
“We have partnered with over 60 other charities in over 20 countries, providing education, healthcare, crisis response and environmental projects,” he said.
“We delivered over 150,000 aid parcels during the Covid pandemic, provided medical aid and training for those affected by the war in Ukraine and delivered education for over 200 children in Ghana.”
In the document dump, Ferguson accuses Epstein of using her.
It’s “crystal clear to me that you were only friends with me to get to Andrew”, she wrote.
In an email exchange from September 21, 2011, she congratulated him on the birth of a baby.
“Don’t know if you are still on this bbm but heard from The Duke that you have had a baby boy,” she wrote.
“Even though you never kept in touch, I still am here with love, friendship and congratualtions (sic) on your baby boy. Sarah xx”
The email is then followed up with a message saying: “You have disappeared”.
“I did not even know you were having a baby. It was soooo crystal clear to me that you were only friends with me to get to Andrew. And that really hurt me deeeply (sic). More than you will know.”
The exchanges are all dated after Epstein was convicted in 2008 for prostituting minors.
Elsewhere in the document dump, screenshots and scans appear to show Mountbatten-Windsor exchanged emails with Epstein about a “beautiful” Russian woman, and invited him to Buckingham Palace.
The King last year stripped the former Duke of York of his titles after the posthumous publication of a book by Virginia Giuffre, saying she was trafficked by Epstein and his former girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell when she was 17.
Mountbatten-Windsor paid millions to Giuffre, a woman he has claimed never to have met, to settle a civil sexual assault claim in 2022.
The former prince has vehemently denied any wrongdoing.
Giuffre died by suicide in April 2025, aged 41, on her farm in Western Australia.
1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732
Lifeline 131 114
beyondblue 1300 224 636
-AAP
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








