Meghan makes contact with ailing estranged father
Source: Paris Match
The Duchess of Sussex has finally been able to make contact with her estranged father Thomas Markle in hospital via a letter, her spokesperson says.
Meghan Markle’s correspondence is said to be “safely” in the hands of her father, who continues to have a reporter by his bedside “broadcasting each interaction”, the spokesperson said.
Markle has had his left leg amputated in hospital in the Philippines, according to reports.
Earlier this week, he told The Mail on Sunday he did not want to die distanced from his daughter. He also said he wanted to meet Meghan’s children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, and her husband, Prince Harry.
Last Friday, the duchess’s spokesperson said she had “reached out” to her father, from whom she has been estranged since her 2018 wedding when he was caught staging paparazzi photos in the run-up to the big day.
But The Mail on Sunday reported that Markle was “confused” by the suggestion and that he hadn’t received any messages despite still having the same phone number.
On Wednesday (US time), there was an update from a Sussex spokesperson.
“Given that a Daily Mail reporter has remained at her father’s bedside throughout, broadcasting each interaction and breaching clear ethical boundaries, it has been exceedingly difficult for the duchess to contact her father privately, despite her efforts over the past several days,” they said.
“With the support of reliable and trusted contacts, her correspondence is now safely in his hands.”
-AAP
Want to see more stories from The New Daily in your Google search results?
- Click here to set The New Daily as a preferred source.
- Tick the box next to "The New Daily". That's it.








